Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday

"Yet it was our sufferings that he endured, while we thought of him as stricken, as one smitten by God and afflicted. But he was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our sins; upon him was the chastisement that makes us whole, by his stripes we were healed." ~ Isaiah 53: 4-5

Thank you, my Lord and my God for loving me so much that You willingly suffered the chastisement I should bear for my sins.
Help me Lord, my God to draw ever closer to You and to live as You would have me live.

3:00

The hour when blood and water gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for the whole world.

Wow. Just wow. Think about that for a minute. Mercy for the entire world, including all those we deem "enemies." Such sweet and powerful mercy that it is able to redeem the entire world and all of its inhabitants, past, present and future. Mercy that covers the entire gamut of our sins, failures, excesses and selfishness. Mercy.

Thank You for the extended period of mercy You have granted to us for the salvation of our souls. I pray that many souls will accept the gift of Your great mercy so they don't have to experience Your divine justice.

Thank You, sweet Jesus for giving us the gift of Your Mother, Blessed Mary, from the cross to be our mother. Help me to accord to her the respect, love and obedience that I cherish receiving as a mother myself and that I should always grant to her and to my mother and mother-in-law. Forgive me for the times I have neglected to do so.

Thank you for this day and the sacrifice of Your Son that we might become Your Sons and Daughters and so enter into eternal life with You, Your Son, the Holy Spirit, Blessed Mary and all the Angels and Saints.
Amen.

No comments: