Friday, April 04, 2014

Warm potato mush

A couple of lingering thoughts from tonight's Stations of the Cross:
Falling flat on your face because instead of letting God help, we try to do it on our own.
The difference between pain and suffering. Suffering is uniquely human.
Embarrassed and a little angry about the soup offering Pat made. I don't know why she took it in so early, and left it on high. What we ended up with was warm potato mush, no soup, and the potatoes had cooked down so much there wasn't much left. Every body got a small spoonful.
The offering made me think of how my offerings must look to the Lord when done in haste or half-assed.
Actually, it's exactly how my own paltry offerings must appear to God when I don't want to spend the time to do the offering with my full heart and soul.
So, forgive me Lord, for not taking my own commitments to you more seriously and ending up with warm potato mush as the offering instead of clam chowder.
Please help me to remember this the next time I am tempted to skimp out on what should be the most generous and wonderful blessing I can give.
Forgive me for my judgement of another's offering and also for failing to offer you the best I can offer.
You are My Lord. Every thing I offer to you should be the best I have, not the left over moments of time I have remaining after having given the world it's coin.
Today's photo is the nails and cross. This banner is currently hanging on the altar at my church.

No comments: