Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Seeing Christ

An Easter meditation I read was about how no one who initially saw the Resurrected Christ recognized Him at first.
It urged readers to try to spot Christ some where in our day.
Later, I was having lunch with a friend and we were discussing the less desirable personality traits of a mutual acquaintance. It wasn't right and we both knew it, or should have known it.
Something happened during that conversation, however, that I later realized was Christ manifesting himself.
A different  mutual acquaintance came up to us during lunch and asked who we were talking about because our conversation seemed quite animated. We joked and said "why, you. Of course. " He laughed and went back to his table. Nothing seemed to "hit me" yet.
When we were leaving the restaurant, he was leaving at the same time and asked something similar to "had we finished dissecting whomever we were talking about?"
This time it did hit me. I didn't feel good about the conversation, even though I certainly can find enough reasons to "justify" myself.
I very clearly heard the Holy  Spirit speaking to my heart, telling me that the friend who commented on our conversation was Christ, letting me know that He wasn't happy with our conversation. We didn't listen to Him the first time, though, so the harsher words the second time were for me. I heard Him say this: "You should not have been speaking about one of my beloved children in such a manner. "
As I have been pondering the words that I heard clearly in my heart, I know them to be true and I am sorry for the offense I have given to our Lord. I ask for God's mercy upon my soul. Please help me to recognize You sooner, Lord, especially when I am displeasing you so that I don't continue to offend you.
I thank you for your mercy and also for answering my prayer that my son get the job that he interviewed for last week.
You are so good and you continue to pour out your blessings on me, even when I don't deserve them.
Amen. Alleluia.
This photo is of the river at Treasure Island.

No comments: