Saturday, January 27, 2018

Reflection

Today I spent some time re-reading my own blog posts.
I wanted to determine if I merely prattled incoherently or if I was actually posting something valuable. 
I did better at posting "something of value" when I took time to listen to my God and write about the lessons He wants me to learn.
I did not do as well when I didn't take the time to listen and then post what God was speaking to my heart.
So, as I begin to prepare myself to go into the desert with my God during Lent, I find I must begin anew with lessons I have learned in the past but have gradually neglected.
It is so seemingly easy to let this lesson go "just for today" and that then becomes another day and another until it has slipped from memory altogether. 
So, my Lord and my God, I re-dedicate this blog to you. Help me to do your will and to do it well.
"My sweet child, 
Know how much I love you. You have done better on some days than on others. Put the past behind you and begin anew. Yes, I have given you the Advocate, the Holy Spirit to assist you. Listen to Him that you might be filled with joy and peace. Delight in the ways in which He reveals us to you. 
And do not be afraid. I will give you whatever tools you need to accomplish whatever task I set before you. Trust in me and I will greatly bless you."

Thank you, my God and my King. I love you.





Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: