Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Recognizing the potential

"It is clear that the habit of giving an upward glance to God at the moment of action is a great assistance in aiding us to behave always with a pure intention and in freeing us from our natural impulses and fancies, so, that, retaining our self-mastery, or rather, God becoming the sole Master, all our movements become dependent upon the Holy Spirit." ~An excerpt from "How to Pray Always" by Raoul Plus 

When my Christmas prayer and heart's desire was given to me this year, following the 24 day the Christmas Anticipatory Prayer, I was unsure how to contain my joy and ecstasy and more importantly, put it to good use for God's glory. My natural fancies tend toward self glorification.

As I began to work through the gift itself, essentially unwrapping this extraordinary gift of the Holy Spirit and Mary, I am beginning to realize that I must put all my actions into the Presence of God before I act.
This small offering of each random thought or act will result in it obtaining God's blessing on everything I do. Essentially, what it means to "pray always."

That in turn seems to keep the joy and delight always before me, inspiring me in ways I hadn't considered or had considered and rejected.
I realize I am just beginning to "unpack" this gift and all it means, but my deepest prayer is that I do no dishonor to our Lord. I would be devastated to realize I have done something with this gift that is displeasing to God or to Blessed Mother.

That brings me to this reading from today's 
scripture:
"We are God's children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed." (1 John 3:2)

So, the steady and consistent practice of utilizing the gifts of God for His Glory will transform me into someone whom I am not today. Someone I want to be in the deepest recesses of my heart. More importantly, someone God wants me to be.

Thank you, my Lord and my God. I love you. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: