Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Lost Dog

Now that I have a forum for expressing myself, I cannot seem to find the words. I am sitting here in the middle of the night because I cannot sleep. I am worried about my son's dog. My son is in Iraq and I am responsible for the dog. The dog has escaped and I cannot find him. I spent over an hour driving the streets of my community searching for the dog. Please, Lord, let the dog be safe and return to us so that when my son comes home his dog will be waiting for him.
I know I have disappointed you this day by my failure to do the things you ask of me and by my failure to do good. Even the good I do has been done poorly and for all this I ask your forgiveness. I pray that my weaknesses and failings will be forgiven and healed that I might be a better servant for you. Please, Lord, bring the dog safely home so I don't disappoint my son.
It is interesting, isn't it, that I am more worried this night about disappointing my son than I am of disappointing you? It should be just the opposite. I should be trembling with fear and awe that I have disappointed you this day by my disobedience and failures. Perhaps my insomnia is a manifestation of that fear of the Lord?? What is going on with me tonight? Please, Lord, return my son's dog safely to us so that the dog will be here waiting for him when he returns from the war.

Oh, sweet one. Know that I am with you in all things. There is no reason to fear. I love you and want only what is good for you and what is the best for you. Yes, I am disappointed in you this day. You have not done as I have asked you and it saddens me. I have so much to offer you and will do so. But you must learn to listen to the still small voice in order that you might know what my will is for you. You have much to learn in this regard and I long to teach you that you might have life to the full. So, when you don't do as I ask, you are hurting yourself, delaying the progress you might make in becoming fulfilled. I do truly want what is best for you. Do you believe this? If you do, you would make more of an effort to do the things I ask of you. My burden is not heavy and I share it with you. I love you. Try now to get some sleep. Trust me in the matter of the dog. At this point, you can do nothing about the dog. Give the matter to me--really give it to me in your heart and mind and soul and know that I will deal with it in the best manner possible. Tell me you trust me in this and all will be well.

Lord, I trust you in the matter of my son's dog. I give it to you, knowing only you can do something about it at this point. I know that you will do what is best and I thank you for that. I also thank you and praise you that you have given my son the protection he needs in this time of armed conflict. I pray that you will continue to guard and guide him and that you send angels to watch over him and his beloved wife. Thank you, Lord, for your forgiveness of my failings and weaknesses and for not holding them against me. I trust in you, Lord. I thank you and praise you for my insomnia this night as I was able to come and write whereas before I didn't think I could find the words to express myself. You are a wonderful God and I am so blessed that you have chosen me and called me by name. Thank you. I love you.