Sunday, December 22, 2019

Advent Day 22, 2019

I have spent many Christmases pondering what gifts would be given me, hoping and praying, wishing and hoping some more for gifts that I desired.
It has been a slow and long journey to this Christmas where I do not desire anything for myself, other than that my family be saved and that my prayers for the healing of others be granted. 
How could I have spent so many years in such selfish desires?
Oh, God Almighty Father, thank you so much for the most precious gift of your Son and his blessed Mother. Those are truly the best gifts ever. 
I also have spent many Advents trying to give you a gift you would desire. I see now how meager my offering is but it's what I have to offer. 
I have not spent the time I need to make it a better gift, so it's all I have to give. Please accept it and know that I offer it out of love.
Please imbue all the gifts I have given with love that the recipients know how very much I cherish them.

No comments: