Tuesday, December 03, 2019

Advent, 2019 First Monday

"Oh, Lord, I confess your great power. If you are powerful, as you are, what is impossible for you who can do everything?" ~St. Teresa of Avila
The thrust of St. Teresa's petition in this writing is for her salvation because she thinks she has responded late to His call.
I, too, have responded late and often times only half heartedly to your call, My Lord. Forgive me and guide me to living fully your call this day.

My Child,
You know how much I love you and desire all good things for you. You have felt the power of my love in your life and are aware of it even when you are neglectful of my wants, needs and commands. 
Although you may not see the progress you make, you are climbing my mountain and streaming toward Zion.
I do forgive your transgressions. Be at peace and continue the climb.

"The Lord is not scandalized by our unworthiness; he looks for the faith that welcomes his presence." ~ Magnificat, 2019; Vol 21, No. 10 pre Mass verse for Monday, Dec. 2.

No comments: