Saturday, December 07, 2019

7th Day of Advent, 2019

"Then He summoned his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits to drive them out and to cure every disease and every illness." ~Matthew 10:1

One of my prayers has been to be given the grace to heal "every illness." This passage from today's Gospel reading gives me pause. Perhaps I need to pray for the authority to heal...or perhaps it is not a gift for me? 
Please give me your guidance here, my Lord and God, that I may know if I am praying for something that is not your will for me.
Although in the same reading, you speak of the harvesters being few. I do wish to be of help in finding souls for You..and helping them find you. 
Does that mean I need the gift of Your authority? If so, and if it be your desire, please grant that to me.
I love you my Lord and my God. Please help me to always seek you first in all situations. 

No comments: