Monday, March 14, 2011

Spurred on by Love 3-13-2011

Snow covered mountains
I read a powerful statement today. Jesus is speaking to me and He says, "In the desert, the thought of you spurred me on."  --Catholic Spiritual Direction

The meditation, of course, is from the biblical story of Jesus' 40 days in the desert, a journey each of us makes during the season of Lent as well. The rest of the comment is that we are not to fear. It is because thoughts of us in our weakness and fears spurred Jesus on to victory over the temptations unleashed by Satan for our sakes. For me. For you.
How Jesus managed to fast for 40 days is something that is beyond my comprehension as I struggle to fast for a partial day. I really need to work on my fasting.
But isn't it a wonderful thought that Jesus is thinking of me when he is struggling to get through his fast? That as I think of him to help me conquer temptation, He also thought of me when he was in the desert. It is a humbling thought but also one of great love and inspires me to greater love and intimacy with my Lord.
More snow covered mountains
Thank you so very much my Lord and Master. Thank you for this day and for all the many blessings you have bestowed upon me. Each day I am trying to draw closer to you and to perfect myself so that I might linger in your love more and more. I so long to do your will in all things. Please help me Lord as I go through this Lenten season to see with your eyes and hear with your ears. To use my hands for your work.

Good evening my sweet child,
I so long for you to love me as I have loved you. In seeking Love, you will find the whole of heaven's host awaiting you and in finding that, know that we are all one in this wonderful endeavor we call Life. Each of us is joined by powerful bonds of love to the other and so create an indomitable force. Make no mistake, the victory has been won, but there are trials and tribulations ahead for all, believer and non-believer. You must stay close to me and be wrapped within the mantle of our heavenly mother to be shielded from the devastation. Focus more on me each day and you will find that you know what you need to know when you need to know it and not before. do not fear, my child, I will not abandon you. I love you.

No comments: