Friday, May 08, 2009

The good and kind among us

Random Thoughts
Several years ago I was walking in a favorite spot when I looked up and there was this young moose standing right on the pathway. I snapped a couple of photos but decided not to try to continue along the same path. I'm sure I would have come up short in any contest over who had the right of way on the path!
It is always delightful to see wildlife, though, and I truly am grateful and thankful that the Lord has put me where he has.
I sometimes wonder what my mission is but I delight in being able to take a walk and see a moose in the wild. How awesome is that?
On Tuesday, the funeral of a very kind and generous man was held here. The church was packed to overflowing and nearly everyone could tell a story of his generosity. He was a very wealthy person and could have chosen to live anywhere, but he chose to live here. I think it must have been for similar reasons as I am thankful to live here.
When I think of his honesty and goodness and then look around at all the corruption and greed in this country, particularly in our "leaders" I am appalled at such a disconnect. These people who we entrust to make decisions for all of us are corrupt and greedy and not the same type of people as my friend.
Things seem to be happening very quickly now as far as the end times signs go. With each passing news cycle, I am surprised that the warning sign doesn't appear in the sky tomorrow. I still have much to do to prepare, though, and will strive to do better.
Oh my Lord and my God--help me to prepare for what is coming and to not waver in doing your will. You are precious to me and I want to please you and do what you would have me do.
I know I say that and then don't do it. Please help me to overcome this fault and to be instantly obedient. I love you and delight in all your goodness and kindness. I thank you for people like Tom who are good and generous and I pray that he is in heaven with you and his loved ones.

My sweet one--You are forgiven for your failures of the past and for your failures of this day. Do not seek to carry them into the new day. You have given them to me and must now rest assured that you may go forth into the new day without the burdens of past sins and failings.

Continue to strive to do my will and to do the things you think I am calling you to do. If you think I am calling you, then I probably am. Once you give me your life, as you do daily, then do not doubt where the guidance comes. Know that I will guard you against anything not according to my will. Be at peace and try to do better tomorrow. Know that I love you.

No comments: