Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Caged and Freed

Dec. 3

I will praise you, Lord, among the nations; I will tell of your name to my kin. Ps 18 (17):50; 22 (21):23

One of the things that has been bothering me since my daughter's death has been an image I've had of her after her death.

She was suspended in a cage in a place that was neither heaven nor hell, but it was not a good place. It wasn't a place she knowingly chose for herself. Perhaps it was built by actions or inactions during her life, but she didn't really know what to do to get out. She was just there.
Maybe limbo is a good word for it, although I don't think that is what official church teaching means regarding limbo.

Nevertheless, that is the image that has haunted my thoughts during moments when I have quieted my heart to listen and opened my eyes to see.

I didn't know what to do either and initially was afraid to ask, fearful that the time for freeing her had passed.
But it continued to haunt me so I finally did ask the Lord how to free my daughter from the cage.

Within a short time after asking, I felt compelled to pray the Rosary and oh, I am so happy that I did! 
While praying it, the image came to mind again as well as images of demons circling the cage.
Then, here came the Queen of Heaven herself to set my daughter free from the cage! She was accompanied by St. Michael and our Guardian Angels and my beautiful baby was freed from the cage and carried to a place of safety, where she rests in the presence of Our Lady.

My daughter rests there, content for now but  waiting. 

Thank you, Blessed Mother, St. Michael and our Guardian Angels for freeing my daughter from the cage. 

No comments: