Friday, February 20, 2015

A Sacrifice of Praise

Hush, now my little one.

You have just feasted on readings and meditations. Let your heart and soul absorb them or digest them. Give yourself time to understand the deep meaning of what you have just consumed.

Yes, thank me for everything during this Lenten journey. A sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving is what I desire from you this Lent.

Give me the gift of a grateful heart, overflowing with thanks and praise for all the gifts you have been given.
Shout for joy on the days when your soul can hardly contain all the goodness I am bestowing upon you.
Even though it is a penitential season, there is still much to be joyful about.

Oh, my Lord. I do thank you and praise you for all the gifts you have bestowed upon me.

Throughout the day, I want you to turn to me and say thank you.

Each time something happens, thank me. Especially when it may seem like something that is not pleasing to you. Thank me and continue to thank me until your heart truly sings for joy.

Oh Lord.
I Thank you and praise you for your many great gifts to me. There is much that I have taken for granted throughout my life. I have been so pampered. Help me to share some of these blessings with others, that they might come to know and love You.

Lord, give me your holy zeal and love for all people.

Show me, Lord, who you want me to be.

Follow each inner nudging that I give to you. That is how I am speaking to you, deep in your heart and soul.

Thank you, my God and King.

No comments: