Saturday, September 06, 2014

Hashtag Activism

I am increasingly bothered by calls to "like this" post on Facebook or Twitter or other forms of social media as a response to evil.
Or signing petitions to "make the president or Congress" do something that the writers of the petition want them to do.
It seems like such a wasted effort, although I have been a part of the problem until very recently.
These things are not going to effect change, nor will they do anything to save souls.
It has become very apparent to me that we have now entered the final phase of the spiritual battle.  The forces of evil are marching throughout the world and we must fight with the weapons God has given us...prayer and specifically, the Rosary. Scott Hahn calls it "Beads for the Battle," and he is right.
Lord, forgive me for my past neglects of this call to action. Help me to do what you have been asking.  

I am going to call this picture "The Deluge," because that's what is happening.  It is time to enter into the Ark, the Ark of the new covenant, Mary. She will carry us safely to the Barque of Jesus, as Mark Mallet has said in some of his excellent blog posts on these days. The photo is one I took of the Lower Falls in Yellowstone National Park.

No comments: