Thursday, May 08, 2014

Heavy heart

Ah, Lord. Today my  son-in-law's mother died.
It was not something that was expected, although she had been hospitalized for a couple of weeks.
My granddaughter is heartbroken over the loss of her paternal grandmother. My son-in-law is also wounded by the loss and my daughter loved her mother- in-law as she loves me.
I was totally surprised by how fast she died.
Even though we  know that death comes to everyone, the hole it leaves in our hearts and souls when it happens is something for which there is no quick fix.
Each of us must grieve in our own way.
It is easier, I think, for those who have faith in Jesus Christ.
But, even for those who have no faith, or an undeveloped faith, the opening of heaven and the grace which poured forth upon all when Christ's death pierced the heart of heaven is a blessing for everyone.
Lord, please bless the family of my friend with comfort and consolation. Please save her soul.
Today's photo is of the first wildflowers I have seen this spring. In honor of my friend and fellow grandmother.

No comments: