Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Counting My Blessings

There is so much to be thankful for in my life.

God has blessed me greatly in where I live, in my spouse and children, my parents and siblings, my in-laws and all of my family, friends and co-workers.

Lord, I thank You so much for all of these blessings.

I thank You for calling me to the Catholic Church and for all the priests whose gift of Holy Orders has so enriched my life.

Thank you for Blessed Mother and all the brothers and sisters in the saints and angels that You have allowed to love and intercede for me in my times of trouble and sorrow.

Thank You for my country and for the many blessings of living here.

Oh, my Lord! When I think of all I have to be thankful for and of all the blessings You have bestowed on me, I wonder if I am so blessed because I am not capable of withstanding some of the sorrows that seem to afflict the rest of the world?

How does it happen that I seem to have so little trouble in this world that is filled with more trouble and sorrow each day?

Even so, I give You thanks and praise my Lord and my God for all of the blessings listed here and also for those blessings of which I am unaware or have forgotten.
Thank you! Thank you!

I would be remiss if I didn't thank You for the one thing of which I am most appreciative each day...hot and cold running water. But most especially, hot running water that I so appreciate each time I step into the shower.
Thank You, my Lord and My God.

Please bless me with the grace to give up any and all of these blessings if it be Your most holy will. Lord grant me whatever strength and graces I need to accomplish my life's mission.
Amen.




No comments: