Saturday, April 01, 2017

Charity

"If you truly want to help the soul of your neighbor, you should approach God first with all your heart. Ask him simply to fill you with charity, the greatest of all virtues; with it you can accomplish what you desire."
— St. Vincent Ferrer

This was the first thing I read today after yesterday's post regarding my difficulties with my cousin.

So I attempted to be charitable and gave her a list of some organizations that help people deal with post abortion stress syndrome.

When I heard back and she was insistent that I answer her questions on how I determine truth. So I told her and basically it's by researching and praying and listening to the Holy Spirit.

Of course this isn't sufficient for her. She does intensive research and is probably quite knowledgeable about how to do research. She also is quite arrogant about how superior she views her knowledge and outlook on life as compared to mine.

She claims to have a lock on facts and considers that to be truth. Even though she claims to be satisfied and fulfilled, I sense that she is missing something deep in her soul. Of course, she denies having one so she claims she can't be missing out on anything.

I wonder, though, because in spite of how angry she gets with me and how much my views seem to irritate her, she continues to seek to communicate with me. I suppose because she thinks she can eventually bully me into acknowledging that she is right or something.
Except I know she is wrong on the most important fact of all. God does exist and he loves us.
So, I am "quitting" my communications with her. At least for now. If I am inspired later to resume trying to communicate with her, then I will trust God to lead me in how to resume.
Of course, I will continue to offer prayers for her.
Thank You for this day and for the blessings You have bestowed on me.
Please bless my cousin according to Your most holy will. Amen.

No comments: