Thursday, April 20, 2017

Blind Obedience

"True devotion to Our Lady is holy; that is to say, it leads the soul to avoid sin and to imitate the virtues of the Blessed Virgin, particularly her profound humility, her lively faith, her blind obedience, her continual prayer, her universal mortification, her divine purity, her ardent charity, her heroic patience, her angelic sweetness and her divine wisdom. These are the ten principal virtues of the most holy Virgin."
 St. Louis De Montfort

Blind Obedience. That was the attribute of Our Lady that gave me pause today as I pondered upon the above quote by a
St. Louis De Montfort
I must consider it more because it is one of those things that initially fills me with horror.
Being blindly obedient is not something I am culturally inclined to want to imitate. So, please Blessed Mother and Dear God, one God in three divine persons...please show to me what this means to each of you. 
Thank you. Amen.

4

No comments: