Monday, March 13, 2017

The Thirst for love

From today's reading from 33 days to Morning Glory, by Fr. Michael Gaitley:

"Now, how do we console Jesus in the members of His body? By recognizing their thirst...Everyone has a restless heart for God, for man is a restless thirst."

And he says that Mother Theresa, in response to the Offertory verse (Ps 68:21) for the Mass of the Feast of the Sacred Heart, tells us to Be the one:

"My heart had expected reproach and misery. And I looked for one that would grieve together with me, and there was none: and I sought one that would console me, and I found none."

Be the one to console Jesus by satiating his burning thirst for love, with Mary's help because she was the one to console His heart as He died upon the cross for me.

Oh, my Lord. Please help me to Be the One, with Blessed Mother's help that satiates your thirst. Amen.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: