Thursday, March 23, 2017

Emulating Mary

Oh my Lord and my God. I pray that I have never offended You, yet I know that I have many times and in many different ways.
I apologize to You for such offenses and humbly seek forgiveness.
Whether it is closing off my mind to some new revelation You wish to share with me or speaking harshly to those whom I purport to love or wasting time on tv shows or the internet or gossiping, I know that such offenses are the result of my pride and temporary rejection of what You have promised to me.
In praying the rosary today, I was pondering the Descent of the Holy Spirit and a meditation by St. Louis De Montfort who said that when a person's heart is in love with Mary, the Spirit's Spouse, He flies to the heart and abundantly gives His gifts to that person.
How I wish to be filled with love for Mary that I might also be filled with Your Holy Spirit.
Lord, help me to love and emulate Mary who did not offend You by her actions so that I might also be filled with You. Amen.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: