Saturday, March 11, 2017

Backwards again

For the gazillionth time in my life as a Christian, I have taken another step backwards.
This is particularly disconcerting as I work through Fr Michael Gaitley's 33 Days to Morning Glory, a do-it-yourself 33 day retreat to Marian consecration.
Each week has been spent touching upon the lifes of extraordinary Marian Saints: Louis de Montfort, Maximilian Kolbe, Mother Theresa and Pope John Paul II. I just finished the meditations and prayers on Mother Theresa. Tomorrow I will begin the week's review of Pope John Paul II.
Mother Theresa was someone who truly embodied who I want to be and how I want to love Jesus. But, I don't seem to be able to emulate her total giving of herself.
I keep falling backwards and repeating the time wasting, self destructive habits that keep me from entering into a deeper and more beautiful communion with my Lord.
Ah, Blessed Mother. Please forgive me for my disobedience and failure to come to you totally. Please help me to surrender totally to you so that I might totally surrender to your Son.
Lord, please grant to me whatever grace I need to use the graces You have already given to me. I want to be totally yours.
I love You. I believe in You. I trust in You.
I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: