Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Christ will guard His Own

"Christ will guard His own." ~ St Agnes
Thank you so much for calling me to your Presence, my Lord and my God.
I truly love being here with You.
To quote the hymn, "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening."
Thank you for the wonderful way You answered the prayer concerns I placed in envelopes of faith. You take such good care of me. Truly, you do guard your own.
Peace is such a wonderful gift. Your peace, that is; the peace that passes all understanding. Thank you for this wonderful gift.
I give you another concern of my heart, that of the room for our trip to our friends wedding. I suspect my friend has inadvertently canceled our room. So, I give it to you. I know you will see that we have a place to stay. Thank you!
***********************
Yesterday, I was in the community where my father-in-law is buried. I often am there and I have been visiting his grave and placing flowers on it.
Before I went yesterday, I made up a couple of flower arrangements (two of my husbands siblings are also buried there). When I got to his burial site, I was filled with "un peace" because the previous arrangements had been removed.
This was such a silly reaction on my part because I had thought that I would remove the old arrangements when I got there anyway.
But, I felt insulted for some silly reason. I didn't understand it, but today I have received a glimmer of insight.
Perhaps the reaction I felt is how my still living mother in law feels when she visits the grave and sees that someone other than her has been caring for the graves?
I wonder if she views it as an encroachment of her "turf?"
I intended it to be an act of love and was very distraught that I had such a bad reaction.
Please exchange any ill will or hard feelings on either of our parts for love. Your love and peace. I place that in an envelope of faith as well and turn it over to you. I know you will handle it in the best way possible.
Thank you for the insight and please don't let me hurt my beautiful mother I  law.

No comments: